A list of ways in which it is preferable not to be woken up. – To be Fair, not all of these are from experience …
But Some Are …
1. A Dog Licking Your Face.
2. The Next Door Neighbour’s alarm clock – especially if he has gone on vacation and forgotten to turn it off.
3. Food noises from the living room.
4. A child with a cold sneezing on you.
5. Police Cars screeching to a halt, sirens blaring, outside your apartment building.
6. A Cockroach or a Weta walking across your arm.
7. A Rush of cold air when a window blows open, especially if it is accompanied by rain.
I think the only good way to wake up is to do it uninterrupted, when you have had as much sleep as your body needs. Correct me if I am wrong, but this could be revolutionary. If we all worked once we had woken rather than woken in order to go to work it would be lovely and we would be happier little campers, (or workers) wouldn’t we? At least I know I would…