It’s Saturday and I am sitting on the sofa (not bed blogging today) after having taken a dose of Hollywood Romance (Notting Hill). Now that the telly is off it is quiet in my living room.
Well, actually if you think about it, quiet is relative. As it is…
1. I can hear Bliss turn the pages of the Weekend Magazine section of the SMH
2. I can hear the traffic negotiating the hill down to the Manly waterfront and across the bridge to the lagoon.
3. I can hear the wind blow our door, the one with loose glass so it has a very distinctive rattle.
4. I can hear my fingers tapping over the keys with lightning speed (and the regular hesitation as I avail myself of the back space key – lighting speed is notorious with a lack of accuracy).
5. I can hear the lorikeets as they do the daily rounds of their various chosen local feeding stations (not my place any more… too noisy).
6. I can vaguely hear the roar of the waves at the beach. Quite possibly my favourite local noise.
Surprisingly given the close proximity if the neighbours …
1. I can’t hear any stereos blasting Saturday morning cleaning music.
2. I can’t hear any lawn mowing.
3. I can’t hear any drilling or hammering. This is very unusual, we live in a large apartment block and at least one unit is being renovated at any one time…
So, without the neighbours, and with the uncanny ability to filter out traffic noise, I am enjoying a [relatively] quiet day at home.
Have a great weekend!