I am a girl, I cannot deny it. I am very happy to be a girl though there are some elements of girlish behaviour that are stereotypical to which I subscribe and some to which I don’t.
So, here are two lists which will tell you more about me than you probably wanted to know…
1. I like to wear skirts (but not all the time)
2. I am happy to be driven rather than to drive
3. I don’t mind flirting
4. I like to have the door opened for me
5. I like to have my hair done at the salon (but wish it cost a lot less)
6. I am happy to be the only cook in the house
7. I pluck my eyebrows (ouch)
8. I do my make up every morning
9. I get PMS occasionally
Non Girlish behaviour
1. I drink beer (oops nearly wrote beef…) from the bottle.
2. I hate shopping.
3. I love rugby (union) and can talk about it at length.
4. I would rather cut my fingernails off short than have them manicured.
5. I hate buying shoes and wear any I buy TO DEATH rather than buy new ones.
6. I hate parties even ones with flirting opportunities.
7. I do not buy anything pink unless it is a gift for my niece.
8. I hate home decorating shows and magazines… really hate them.
9. I do not watch Oprah … or chat shows… or soap operas of any kind…
10. Once I have done my hair in the morning it is done till I do it again the next day…. same with lipstick (if I bother with that at all).
11. I don’t use PMS as an excuse for bad behaviour
I could go on.. and on… but have to go and get ready for work … I have to leave in 45min… yep… that much of a girl that it is going to take that long to get presentable…
Ohh, I love your lists. I agree that PMS is not an excuse to be rude. But, shoes?!?! You don’t like shoes??
A comment on your comment (see above)
Good for your aunt. :0)
Hubby’s aunt is pretty independent, too. I don’t think she’s been to India in the last 5 years, though.
Lol, I’d like to see you try and "drink beef". ;)
You sound alot like myself, its a more comfortable way of life, you go girl
Welcome to Blog Explosion. Its refreshing to see some new blogs come aboard. I was starting to get real bored. Glad I found you, great post.
Definately with you on this one! I’m usually the last female to be described as ‘girly’ (being more likely to be found drinking a pint of real ale than a gin and tonic!) but there are still some things that have to be done, and who says we have to stick to the stereotypes? But you can still keep anything pink thank you!!!