I am a girl, I cannot deny it. I am very happy to be a girl though there are some elements of girlish behaviour that are stereotypical to which I subscribe and some to which I don’t.
So, here are two lists which will tell you more about me than you probably wanted to know…
1. I like to wear skirts (but not all the time)
2. I am happy to be driven rather than to drive
3. I don’t mind flirting
4. I like to have the door opened for me
5. I like to have my hair done at the salon (but wish it cost a lot less)
6. I am happy to be the only cook in the house
7. I pluck my eyebrows (ouch)
8. I do my make up every morning
9. I get PMS occasionally
Non Girlish behaviour
1. I drink beer (oops nearly wrote beef…) from the bottle.
2. I hate shopping.
3. I love rugby (union) and can talk about it at length.
4. I would rather cut my fingernails off short than have them manicured.
5. I hate buying shoes and wear any I buy TO DEATH rather than buy new ones.
6. I hate parties even ones with flirting opportunities.
7. I do not buy anything pink unless it is a gift for my niece.
8. I hate home decorating shows and magazines… really hate them.
9. I do not watch Oprah … or chat shows… or soap operas of any kind…
10. Once I have done my hair in the morning it is done till I do it again the next day…. same with lipstick (if I bother with that at all).
11. I don’t use PMS as an excuse for bad behaviour
I could go on.. and on… but have to go and get ready for work … I have to leave in 45min… yep… that much of a girl that it is going to take that long to get presentable…