In recent times I had got into the rather bad habit of staying up way too late and being a write off by the time I was supposed to arrive at work bright and breezy ready for the day…
The Boss could always tell when I had been gaming or surfing or blogging into the wee hours … out would come the Diet Coke… if it arrived on the table prior to 11am you knew that it really had been stupid o’clock when I went to sleep… if I had at all!!
Well, the fact is you can’t live like that right? Especially when 40 is closer than 30 (OMG!!!) So… I made a tough decision and stopped bed blogging… In fact the computer now stays on the kitchen table (which is actually the dining table and it lives in the lounge/dining room … Let’s face it, I live in a shoebox) but I digress…
Given that I have this 2nd job and am working my way through the new website projects, I have a new routine which is working rather nicely…
1. 5pm – I leave the office on time… (A very mean feat… considering I used to be the Queen of staying late)
2. I set up the laptop on the Kitchen TableTM as soon as I get home and grab a beer or coffee (depending on the day).
3. I start work on one of the extra mural projects.
4. I work till whichever of my favourite crime shows is on (usually around 8.30) unless I am off out singing like I will be tonight, or Wednesday when I am going to the Lion King (HOORAY). (and somewhere in there I eat something).
5. Once my show has finished I check in on the blog stats and comments.
6. I head to bed.
7. At a reasonable hour.
8. I sleep well.
9. I get up and go walking on the beach
10. I go to work all bright and breezy as contracted to be…
Let’s see how long it lasts… At least I’m not scorching the Doona (duvet/comforter) cover with my hot little laptop!!!