Ever feel really disappointed that as an adult and a Christian, having a massive dummy spit isn’t really kosher??
Yeah… me too.
I am a little bit tired of being the person that people ask to fix things… it’s a bed I made myself by saying yes too often but I said yes tonight and I really wish I hadn’t.
You see, I am apparently the only person capable of doing screens for the prayer meeting tonight because everyone else is out travelling the world, hanging with their family or spending their time with dying relatives. That’s the bitch about being a single expatriate… no life and no reason to say no.
The reason it made me so furious is because for unknown reasons, I really, really, really love being at home at the moment… probably a little too much actually. So when I am looking forward to an evening at home and I can’t have it I feel really stressed… and not a little ranty. Clearly I really need a holiday. Thank goodness this weekend is a 4 day one and I am going to NZ in 11 sleeps!!!
All this aggro has got me to thinking that it might be a very good idea to set myself some ground rools regarding the holiday to make sure I don’t end up overdoing it there too…
So… here are the ‘Deeleea’s Desperately Seeking a Proper Holiday Rools’.
- There will be time to read books for fun. [recommendations please – crime particularly but also chick lit desirable too!
- There will be nothing that HAS to be done.
- I will see the people I want to see, not necessarily everyone who wants to see me.[actually Fi, that includes you… if you’re up for a blog meet!
- There will be some things I just won’t be able to do. And that’s ok
- I will not fill in every minute with doing stuff.
- Sometimes I will not actually turn the phone on.
- While I will may be taking the laptop I don’t have to reply to email.[especially not from work]
- If I don’t get to see everyone I have to accept that it may cause an upset somewhere along the line. I won’t feel bad about that…hopefully.
- It is ok to sleep in.
- I will drink less caffeine.
- I will get some proper fresh air.
- I will take my camera and will USE it.
- Being alone is a holiday for me, so there will be time when I want to be alone, and probably a fair bit of it. And that’s ok too.
- I will let people lavish me with gifts… Oh yes….
Now I am going to write the family and friends version of the rools and distribute them just so people know what to expect… And don’t worry, I’ll do it when I’m feeling less ranty.
[ed. on looking back over this… I feel like I sound like a real cow… sorry about that, but if you can’t be real in your diary where can you?]