I went hitching at the movies tonight, not here… but here.
Loved it… loved the Hitchikers Guide tv series, totally loved the trilogy (all 5 books) and loved the movie. I want a Marvin the Paranoid Android to sit on my desk. Complete with sound. Like the talking Woody doll from Toy Story.
Just tap Marvin on the head and he’d such things as
- “I’m depressed”
- “Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can’t like it.”
- “Pardon me for breathing, which I never do any way so I don’t know why I bother to say it, oh God, I’m so depressed.”
- “I got very bored and depressed, so I went and plugged myself in to its external computer feed. I talked to the computer at great length and explained my view of the Universe to it… it committed suicide.”
- The first ten million years were the worst. And the second ten million, they were the worst too. The third ten million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I went into a bit of a decline.
- Life? Don't talk to me about life.
- Pick up that piece of paper Marvin, that's what they say to me. Here I am, brain the size of a planet, and they ask me to pick up a piece of paper.
- It's the people in this life that get you down.
That’s got to make a dull day a lot better doesn’t it? Did I mention I loved the movie? I also loved that Alan was playing Marvin.
No, not Prefect [Ford] he was played by someone else.
Now I need to go out and get my hands on the books to have a re-read, so I can gripe over all the bits the movie missed out that I had forgotten were there, and a good chuckle. Flick was weirded out and intrigued at the same time, she definitely needs to read the books too.