A totally bizarre, and not altogether pleasant day.
1. Nooman excitedly told me this morning we go to Hawaii in a month.. A MONTH… day spirals out of control and stress levels hit the roof…
Out of Control is the absolute guarantee of stress for Deeleea. A choleric by nature, control must be wrested from all situations before appetite goes and skin breaks out… Nausea has set in… and so I should [Insert Faith quote of choice] and remember [insert Jesus scripture about all things working out] and hopefully tomorrow should be a better day.
2. In the course of a normal email forwarding between my new client, a supplier of his, and myself I came across a comment by my friend(his supplier) to him (client) offering to contribute to the new web project… undoubtedly for money… money that would otherwise go to me because I have been contracted to do the work. Not sure if she meant for me to see it or not… Oh well I did see it and now I’m ticked at her for stepping on my toes. Bah humbug.
3. There are too many people at work who take advantage of the fact I have a desk not an office and stop by my desk to tell me what the want on the website. I don’t function well this way, especially while I am concentrating… Remembering that I work in a Christian environment you will be amused that I nearly swore at a senior pastor today because he startled me by stepping into my field of view, very close up, and didn’t realise I was unable to hear him due to the Coldplay in my ears… Wish I’d said it aloud just to see his face… *grin*
4. Had a blast from the past when Miss Step, a girl I was in school with msn’ed me after dinner… I nearly blocked her invitation because I didn’t recognize her name and was relieved I hadn’t when it was revealed the name belonged to her partner so I could be forgiven for the lack of recognition… It’s been 20 years since we left school (OMG) and I doubt I’ve seen her since. Not the usual course of conversation, largely as I’m the full on Christian girl with a job in the church and she’s the full on lesbian with a partner and a son donated by artificial means…. surreal. Still, I was unfazed actually, such things are not unheard of in my family, and we chatted for an hour and caught up on 20 years worth of history. Of course long conversation meant that I didn’t achieve any of the work I had meant to do.. [refer back to 1.]
5. On a somewhat more interesting note I have a new YGM (you’ve got mail). This one is completely outlandish, a lefty, South African, black (I suspect, as he hasn’t contributed a picture yet), catholic, totally ridiculous but completely irresistable to write to.
You’re asking how I even got involved in such a correspondence aren’t you?? Normally if there’s no picture it’s a no go, well, to tell the truth, he writes the way I do, our conversations have totally been on the same wavelength (or will be till we get to politics and religion) and are hysterically funny.
It’s stupid to be imagining a relationship, but I’d be lying if the girlish part of me wasn’t revelling in his interest. I had cpme away from my conversation with Miss Step feeling seriously sub par, we’ve both aged, and gained upholstery and as she chatted on about us getting old and queried my feelings on my childlessness (good Christian girls hardly have her options) my crap day was compounded in spite of the pleasantness of the conversation in general. So, Mr Africa is a welcome diversion and made me feel girly again.
I hereby give you leave to keep reminding me that I’m mad to be flirting, and not to let me allow my heart to engage in this silly firtation…
Just in case I start telling you it’s a good thing black men like girls with big bums…