Well, I have been on a bit of a learning curve in the last 24 hours.
I have learned…
- that you can apply for Australian Citizenship online!!
- …that $120.00 is a bargain for living in a place like this for the whole rest of our life!
- …that the Ministry of Justice in NZ will send me my wicked secret nefarious past in document form at no cost!!!(Ok, so it’s going to be a very little document…)
- … that if I hadn’t been here for 12 months before the end of Jan 2001 I wouldn’t be able to apply!!
- …I have to go for an interview so they can prove that my english is legible/understandable (ok… that’s enough of the Kiwi accent jokes) and that I am going to be a worthwhile addition to the Australian cultural landscape!
I really didn’t expect this all to happen so fast… I really was just perusing online the possibility… and now the ball is rolling!!! Oh…. Boy!
In other news… my boss said that by my becoming an Australian I am improving the average iq of both countries… I haven’t been able to work out if he was being complimentary or not… what do you think?? (which probably illustrates the point… gah)