Well, I have been on a bit of a learning curve in the last 24 hours.
I have learned…
- that you can apply for Australian Citizenship online!!
- …that $120.00 is a bargain for living in a place like this for the whole rest of our life!
- …that the Ministry of Justice in NZ will send me my wicked secret nefarious past in document form at no cost!!!(Ok, so it’s going to be a very little document…)
- … that if I hadn’t been here for 12 months before the end of Jan 2001 I wouldn’t be able to apply!!
- …I have to go for an interview so they can prove that my english is legible/understandable (ok… that’s enough of the Kiwi accent jokes) and that I am going to be a worthwhile addition to the Australian cultural landscape!
I really didn’t expect this all to happen so fast… I really was just perusing online the possibility… and now the ball is rolling!!! Oh…. Boy!
In other news… my boss said that by my becoming an Australian I am improving the average iq of both countries… I haven’t been able to work out if he was being complimentary or not… what do you think?? (which probably illustrates the point… gah)
Miss Lisa says
NZ is smarter for realizing that your bountiful skills and talents are much better released on the Australian market … and Oz is smarter just ’cause we get you :) … wow, i know you said you were going to do it but I certainly didn’t expect it this fast!
Yes, is it a compliment to be thought brighter than the average Aus but less bright that the average NZer?
I suspect he meant it in a complimentary way!