Well, it’s been an eventful few weeks, I shall endeavour to give you the highlights package, not that I expect they’re very exciting…
- I voted. And interestingly, not for the Independent… (which may have something to do with his not getting back in) As it happened I ended up voting true to my roots. It’s amazing what a difference there is in actually reading the material presented by each candidate (if it can be believed) and their various parties than listening to the character assassinating radio and tv interviews.
- I bought a dehumidifier and in the first evening sucked a good 2-3 litres of water out of the air. Now I want to do know what to do with it? Because in these drought infested, water conserving days I get the guilts if I tip it down the sink… any ideas? (Can’t stick it in the washing machine, I use a front loader… don’t have any plants that need watering…) Can you drink dehumidifier water???
- Puss continues to grow and is getting more adventurous. 3 times this week he has hoofed over to the neighbours property without an escape route home. This is a problem at 5 minutes to leaving time in the morning as I have to go over the [6ft] wire and get him back. This is also a problem because the neighbours are mental. And have 4 or 5 little yappy dogs. Happily the pooches gave the cat a bit of a serve and he hasn’t been back since…
Long may it continue.
- There has been a fair bit of boy action going on. This is nice. But I want to know why it so that the ones who put their hats in the running don’t appear to include the one that one has one’s eye on.
- God smiled at me last week. I was feeling jaded and apathetic (basically why I’m in blog lite mode at the moment) and when I walked along the path to my house I chanced upon this…
I know, how lucky am I? Moving into the only house in Sydney with a feijoa tree… I’ve had 2 fruit off it and there are two hanging from its branches that I’m watching like a hawk lest they fall unnoticed… that’s 4, pathetic by NZ feijoa standards… but nonetheless enough to warm the heart of a fanatic who can’t usually get her feijoa fix without paying a fortune for an air ticket back to NZ…
Ed. For Ms Mac… here’s where you find out about feijoas… [Link]
- That is All
Ms Mac says
I’ve never ever heard of that fruit! But you enjoy it!
Exciting about the feijoas!
So, what are your thoughts on tamarillos? We’ve left the most fertile feijoa tree in NZ behind only to have an abundance of tamarillo trees.
Ms Mac says
Thankyou Deelea! I actually came back to to tell you, that instead of chucking your water down the sink, if you can’t use it to water plants or whatever, you could use it to flush your loo once or twice, instead of using fresh water in a flush. I collect our shower water and use it to fluch the loo through the day. We don’t have a water shortage here in Switz but I learned good in Australia about saving water!
Even though you may only save one flush per day, every little helps, no?
I’m so dumb – I had to read the title three whole times before it finally clicked – Duh…
So who did you vote for Aunty Dee?
Miss Lisa says
pour the humidifier water on the poor bloody parched feijoa tree miss black thumbs!
Jack the Lass says
Ooh, hooray for boy action! :)
Re the dehumidifier, I bought one with Christmas money and can’t believe the amount of water it collects. I’d suggest putting it in a bucket and using it occasionally to flush the toilet.
Great to hear from you again: and prayers for the struggles of life at the moment.
Enjoy the feijoa fix!