I could entitle this entry the Boy Action but as much as I know that to do so would have you gripped onto my every word, (because we all love that salacious gossipy kind of post) I feel quite peculiarly that the Boy Action is actually symptomatic of something that goes a bit deeper.
I don’t actually know if I can pin it down so far as calling it a shift in me, but it definitely feels as though, in relation to boys, there’s a shift in the atmosphere around me.
Does this sound all sorts of new agey and weird? Ah well… it’s a bit difficult to explain really… but I definitely feel different where men are concerned, and I also feel as though there’s something on the horizon (or someone really…) and the Boy Action, I think, is symptomatic of that…
So here’s the Boy Action… in point form… just as if to prove to myself that it isn’t just my imagination…
1. Remember this?[Mary and Boaz] Well a few weeks back I took them back to church, and this time, being more alert than previously, Mary took it upon herself to scout for ‘The One’. She thinks she found him too, and is now praying up a storm, ‘praying him in’, as it were [in to my world – he was visiting the church, not a regular member]. He certainly fits the description of darker skin and rugby player build… and he’s not Fijian, unless he was Fijian Indian… a good looking chap to be sure… but you have to remember here that Mary has spent a fair bit of time of late in the psych unit of the local hospital… she hears God talking to her… you know how it is… one could be related to the other…
2. I had a rather unexpected phone call last week and as soon as the caller introduced himself I was transported back a couple of years to one of my first blind dates as a result of the G.O.D.S. A blast from the past, as it were…
Croak and I had connected reasonably comfortably at that time online – but in person he presented as though he was ready to drop everything and marry me there and then and consequently I totally freaked out… nice guy, to be sure, but too keen, and actually he just didn’t catch my eye.
Anyway when I’d settled into the phone call I didn’t let on that I knew who he was, I was a little afraid he was stalking me… as it happened it ended up being all a bit of a fluke… but within the first few emails that followed he was inviting me to church and I was right back where we started… it’s a long story… the short version is that going to church with someone is a bit of a commitment… especially here at my church which is a small village… and to go to church with a fella is an invitation to be on top of the goss list for the week… not my fav place… Still, I’ll see him again in due course as seems like we now have a camera club in common… I’d definitely class it as Boy Action on some level…
3. Well, there was the VB episode…
4. I got asked out to dinner on Saturday. This is v good, I’ve not been asked out for like, forever. And actually it wasn’t necessarily a date date, more of a Clayton’s Date [See here]. Funnily it was Clayton who asked me… and sadly I was busy but we’ll eventually end up being in the same place at the same time, either by accident or design… Probably design. If for no other reason than we’re curious about each other and have lots of geeky stuff in common.
5. I’ve been spending long periods of time online with ‘The O.C.’. He’d be my favourite masculine contact at the moment, and we have pretty deep conversations. Truth to tell there’s something really attractive about taking a risk in terms of talking about the God stuff with someone who doesn’t hang with God like I do and find that they don’t completely diss you. Better still that they want to know more. I’m actually not really calling it Boy Action as attractive as he is it feels a little too like the previous situations in where I’ve liked but not been ‘liked’ in return and I’m so not going there again… 2x was 2 times too many. I got that message long time ago. I’m keeping it in my head and away from my heart… safer.
6. A good [girl] friend invited me to go hear her sing this weekend and again, I had to say no… (too bad my life is busy with all sorts of non social action…) Apparently though, her motives to invite me along went beyond wanting an audience… she has a lovely bass player with a geeky bent and she wanted to introduce us…
I’m booked to go to her next gig… can’t hurt, right? (Freddy’s Mama, put Apr 22nd in your diary to get a babysitter… I need you and the Guy to come with me ok?)
7. Then there was the perfume episode when one of the young ruffians who works behind the counter in our cafe took a fancy to the perfume I was wearing (Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel… beautiful). The conversation won’t translate well but I left the counter walking on air… it does a girl’s ego very good to turn a guy inside out just by wearing perfume (ahem – he is a youngster and has a girlfriend… just in case you were ahead of me there…).
I think that’s about it in terms of specific BA episodes… but given that until a couple of months ago any one of these would be a bolt from the blue the fact that they’re all one atop the other it says to me there is some kind of shift… cosmic, spiritual, attitudinal or otherwise. There’s something on the horizon…
And it’s cool… very cool.
In other works it never rains it pours!
Good news my friend, good news :)
I mean, err, words not works.
Well, your exciting news certainly put Fi in a state!
Thanks for catching me out. I have done that once before and both times I have been just so very tired.
Very cool indeed.
Miss Lisa says
love it … and we all know how fast a seemingly unchangeable life changes don’t we now :)
I’d have thought that a beer drinking, rugby playing/loving man would not be ioon short supply Down Under – bearing in mind the usual stereotypes.
Then again I know how rare "real" men can be – being one myself. UG!
Jack the Lass says
Sounds cool :) With all the usual caveats and whatnot, but I know you’ve thought of them too!
love the title… and your post. looking forward to dawn :)