So, I have a cold. Not a serious one wherein I can do no more than sleep, but the kind where your head feels like it is full. And not full of grand and lofty thoughts. Full of mucus.
It is however good to be sick on days wherein the weather is, well, appalling. Could be the reason that I’m sick. That or the rolling about naked in the wet grass. Ed. that was a dream, you idiot.
Nwhere was I?
Trying not to get bored…
So, I have compiled a list of things to do when you are sick, it’s pouring with rain outside and both you and your ever-loving nemesis and nearest and dearest ‘furperson’ are stuck inside with cabin fever.
- Download the episode of Grey’s Anatomy that you missed on Sunday night because you were out sussing out bass players. (Ones that are single and whom the lead singer of the band thinks is wonderful and would make a great nearest and dearest ‘nonfurperson’.) Problem 1. Downloading via BitTorrent takes 5 hours. So you have to do it while you are sleeping. So it’s a bit useless in the stopping the boredom stakes.
- Watch the aforementioned downloaded episode of GA. Good for 45 minutes of boredom free time.
- Discover Veoh and watch shedloads of other great TV favourites.
Having done so I’ve now watched up to episode 19 of series 3 of H*use M.D. So will be free to watch other stuff on Wednesday nights now until about the end of June. Just love how far behind the Sthn Hemisphere is…
Also watched N*IS and have freed up Tuesday nights.
And Robin Hood and satisfied myself that Sundays remain free and clear for Grey’s. (And, by the way, Robin Hood is quite hot.)
- Fold the washing that you pulled in off the line just before it started raining.
- Dishes. Oh for goodness sake. Good for 10minutes of boredom reduction.
- Bake Muffins. Loss of appetite not a problem. Loss of taste buds is a problem… note to self, add lots of chilli.
- Take Cat photos.
- Answer phone calls from the offices of people who missed the memo about you being sick
- Write really tedious blog entries so that your readers will know how it feels to be stuck inside, sick, when it’s raining and you have cabin fever.