It is rather a fabulous thing to be writing a weekend wrap up on a Monday, or more specifically that the Monday was part of the weekend. Thanks Queenie for having a birthday, even if it isn’t today [but is April 21st when she turned 81]…
Here’s a question; if when the Queen pops her clogs and Charles becomes King, does the weekend become King’s Birthday Weekend? I also wonder, in the event of Australia becoming a republic, whose birthday we’ll celebrate instead? Can’t think of any particular politician I’d be in favour of celebrating… Maybe a local hero like Ned Kelly… now that would be a party!!
Hmmm… All very perplexing…
In any case, I’m happy to report that it has been rather a productive weekend. As a reasonably task oriented control freak, I am happiest when all my jobs are done and I can see the results of my labours, and I get all sorts of stressy when all those little jobs feel out of control. Happily, having a 3 day weekend serves to restore the balance and so I can cheerfully report that this weekend I achieved the following…
- Cleaned the flat.
- Vacuumed – (long overdue because of studying).
- Changed the sheets on the bed (mostly because of the muddy kitten footprints all over the [formerly] pristine white duvet).
- 3 loads of laundry (and got them dry on a rainy weekend… clever me!)
- Grocery Shopping… blergh…
- Turned a Pumpkin into soup.
- Cooked Corned Beef (sorry FM couldn’t wait till the next invite and it was on special).
- Made Mum’s Chocolate Steamed Pudding (now there’s a trip down memory lane).
- Made Mac ‘n Cheese (ultimate comfort food – and made from scratch, none of this instant boxed sh*t)
- Invoiced my clients for 3rd quarter hosting.
- Done a bunch of work for one client and invoiced them a tidy amount.
- Gone to the library and got out 6 books one of which…
- … I’ve read already – Alice Sebold’s ‘The Lovely Bones’ which I highly recommend (and have crossed off the list below too).
- Taken myself down to the bottom of the street to photograph the Graveyard there… (See my flickr pages for the results).
- Shot 3 images for my 365 days project, (which I am LOVING).
- Spent time talking to my family.* (Both on the phone and via the wonders of the interweb and video cam goodness… it’s the best!).
Sigh… too bad the Queen’s Birthday Celebrations don’t go on all week!!!
I think the only downside to the weekend is that so much of it was spent alone. Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m not going against my introverted nature by any stretch, the weekend was awesome and I have been very happy in my own company. However, as I pulled the corned beef out of the pot and carved it up it seemed disappointing not to be sharing it, (and the soup and pudding the for that matter), and so I flicked through my phone to get inspired as to who to invite and was once again rudely reminded of the fact that most of my mates are married or involved… or busy with study and work etc. or overseas dammit. So I consoled myself with the fact that I’d get much more work done on my own, and maybe even a bit of study too…
I tell you what though, I did nearly almost turn over the thought of inviting VB Man down for dinner…
*You may not be aware that the 2nd weekend in June is ‘Special Aunty’s Weekend’ to celebrate tragic spinster aunts who get all their kid thrills from their nieces and nephews (and who do not begrudge them this at ALL – they are FAB). This means lovely cards and phone calls and emails with photos of said ‘Special Aunties’ and their precious (what’s the collective noun for?) nieces and nephews which I can’t show you because they are just too precious for making famous on the net. Big Kisses you lot!! Love you!