I’ve been thinking about where I’m going to live next. Don’t get me wrong, I do rather like my little flat, I love its garden and I LOVE the price, but I do not love that it is old and damp and that it is rather small. So, I’m plotting my next move. It won’t be until next year, so I’m SERIOUSLY planning ahead… but I have been thinking about what I’d like it to look like.
- I’d like two bedrooms, one for me to sleep in, and the other, a guest room which would primarily be an office.
- I’d like a bath. I know, it’s politically incorrect to want one here in Sydney, so maybe I need to move back to NZ or to the North of NSW so that I can bathe guilt free, but after ‘a day like today’ sometimes a soak in Epsom Salts really is going to be the only remedy.
- Additionally the water pressure in the shower has to be good.
- I’d like a garden for my patio table and barbeque.
- I’d like a decent stove, gas hob.
- I need good, fast internet coverage, preferably on cable rather than ADSL.
- I’d love more natural light, Lulu loves to laze about in the sun and she gets very little of it here.
- The flat needs to be pet friendly, as in screened security door and screened windows. (Oh and the landlord needs to allow for cats too).
- I need a built in wardrobe.
- I’d like it to be reasonably new.
- A garage for my car.
- Good Storage space, though I’m not a huge pack-rat. No storage means no junk so it has its compensations. Definitely needs good space in the kitchen though.
- I love that I’m close to shops here, so that would be good in the future as well, also close to public transport, I use it so much more than I used to simply because it’s really close and handy.
Have I missed anything? What would you look for in your next place?
Great question. The next place will hopefully be back home to my parents. LOL! No no – after I get back to the U.S. I want a small 2 bedroom place, gas oven, dishwasher, a/c, heating, a small yard for my dogs, hardwood floors and walls that I can paint whatever color I choose. :)
Are there bath people and non-bath people? While I am all for those who love them, I cannot relax in one — perhaps that is the issue.
Looks like a reasonable and complete list to me.
I think the only thing that I’d do to make our place better would be to have a gorgeous sandy bay to look over. Not that the view’s all that bad…
Lotsa luck with ticking the boxes on your list. What’s your plan for moving on?