When you make a decision to blog about everything other than work and family it seems that life conspires against you to throw you content that ONLY fits into one of those categories… so for the last little while all the interesting things in my world are somehow rendered unbloggable.
I could blog about the cat… but then I’m firmly cemented as that crazy cat lady and I’m less than keen to be so branded.
So while I haven’t blogged, I’ve been in New Zealand for 10 days, and I have a few more to go and so I shall give you a list of things that I love about this small meek country, my homeland, just to serve it up as a reminder for you that this blog exists, and as a reminder for me that I do appreciate New Zealand enormously, not only for what it has been to me but for the great place that it is.
- The climate, while cooler than Sydney, is a lot more universally bearable than extremes of heat often experienced in Australia… let’s face it, it’s easier to get warmer than it is to cool off…
- Quite frenkly, I love the Kiwi eccent… I realise that mine has mellowed over the yees, and the fect that uh strong Kiwi eccent sounds almost unusual to my ears, it is a but lovely ectually!
- I love driving around Auckland and the Waikato and finding that, while a lot has changed over years, more hasn’t!
- I love corner dairies with spearmint leaves that aren’t covered in sugar.
- I love that my family are all within striking distance.
- I love that I’ve a bunch of friends I can catch up with at a moment’s notice and who it feels like it’s only been moments since last we caught up.
- I love that it’s civilised enough that I can work from here – even though the office is 2 hours behind me!!
- I love that NZ knows how to do good coffee. As well as, and sometimes better than, Sydney
- I love that most cafes will serve ginger crunch, even though I won’t eat it.
- I love that I still know my way around even though inspite of the above, I actually feel more like a stranger than a local most of the time.
There are more things, but I’m blogging from a cafe at lunchtime and I suspect I’m about to get turfed out for taking up too much space…
ah, she’s alive! and having fun – nice :)
I am, but just between you and me I’m homesick for Australia… home on Sunday.. hurrah!
Hurrah! Three of my most favourite people on the whole world arrive on Sunday.
See you soon.
Sandy Austin says
We are lucky to live in a beautiful part of the world. I enjoyed reading your views Dee.
home is where the heart is … and I’ve (finally) found it’s possible to live with a heart in two places at once :) … not the only person obviously!